Pride Center is Hiring!
Join our Development and Communications Team!
Title: Communications and Development Director
Job Type: P/T Position, (20 hours/week)
Reports To: Executive Director
Pride Center of Vermont is currently seeking a part-time Communications and Development Director to oversee Outreach, Events, and Fundraising Program. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Strategically plan, evaluate, and improve Pride Center of Vermont’s annual events, fundraising plan, and communications in collaboration with the Executive Director, including:
- Manage a portion of Pride Center of Vermont’s external communication including social media, blogs, newsletter, press releases, annual report, etc.
- Oversight of the annual fundraising program, including special events and direct mail solicitations
- Provide support and supervision to interns/work study students/volunteers in implementing the communications, events, and fundraising program
- Research, cultivate relationships with, and solicit community resources, including major donors, businesses, corporations, towns, and individuals
- Work with service groups and businesses to meet in-kind donation needs
- Provide support for the fundraising activities of the Board of Directors, including serving as co-chair of the Fundraising Committee
- Oversight of the donor database and other fundraising resources
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience with design and management of social media and other online and print materials
- Experience in donor solicitation, community fundraising, and events coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in providing supervision is desired
- Ability to connect with diverse groups within and beyond LGBTQ+ communities
Please send cover letter and resume by September 28th to:
email@example.com (please note “Development Search” in the subject line)
Pride Center of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from those with diverse backgrounds in regards to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, veteran status, or age.