Hiring SafeSpace Education Coordinator!
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) seeks a dynamic and passionate Education Coordinator to join the SafeSpace Anti-Violence Team! We are looking for someone who is organized, motivated, and dedicated to working for social change with an anti-oppression, survivor-centric, and intersectional framework.
PCVT celebrates, educates and advocates with and for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and HIV-affected (LGBTQH+) individuals in Vermont. The ideal candidate understands and is able to effectively communicate about the complexities of LGBTQH+ identities and the various challenges that LGBTQH+ individuals in Vermont are facing. Our organization recognizes and celebrates diversity, and we strongly encourage people of color, trans/gender non-conforming individuals, and/or members of other underrepresented groups/constituencies to apply.
SafeSpace Education Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Benefits: Health & Dental Coverage
Salary: $34,000 - $38,000 commensurate with experience
The SafeSpace Education Coordinator is responsible for organizing and facilitating training opportunities requested of the Pride Center. They also provide part-time (20%) direct services to LGBTQ+ and HIV-affected survivors of domestic, sexual and/or hate violence, and individuals who have experienced or are experiencing bias and/or discrimination.
Duties and Responsibilities
PCVT Training and Education
• Provide training and technical assistance to organizations and agencies across Vermont regarding serving LGBTQH+ individuals
• Continually update trainings to reflect and address current language, climate and events
• Establish and foster long-term, collaborative relationships with agencies and organizations, utilizing a training contract system. This system may include: agency assessment, work plan creation, curriculum development, delivery of training modules, content evaluations, formulation of organizational goals and contracts, and technical assistance for goals implementation
• Complete and submit paperwork for government and foundation grants
SafeSpace Direct Services
• Provide crisis intervention services and intake interviews for SafeSpace callers and walk-in clients
• Offer individual and group support, advocacy, information, referrals, and accompaniment
• Document program and client related activity
• Contribute to state and national reports and monthly reports for the Executive Director
• Create and implement outreach initiatives
• Participate in SafeSpace Program development meetings, bi-weekly supervision with SafeSpace Director, and PCVT all-staff meetings
• Coordinate workshops/events/gatherings to bring people together and offer education, healing and social connection for the community
• With other staff: manage volunteer recruitment, placement and development
• With other staff: manage PCVT and related calendar/blog/social media postings
• Three or more years of related work experience
• Training or experience in working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
• Ability to facilitate working alliances between diverse groups within and beyond LGBTQH+ communities
• Ability to multitask, problem-solve and prioritize effectively
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility with a shifting schedule
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel statewide
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to anti-oppression work
• Experience in creating and presenting workshops and trainings
• Master’s degree and certification in Social Work
• Supervisory and clinical experience with crisis intervention, violence and victimization with LGTBQH+ individuals
• Knowledge of available social service resources in Vermont
Please send cover letter and resume by January 2nd to:
SafeSpace@pridecentervt.org (please note “SafeSpace Search” in the subject line)
Pride Center of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons, including those with diverse backgrounds in regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, Veteran Status, or age.