Looking for a great ED position in an amazing place? Pride Center of Vermont is looking
for a new Executive Director!
Find out more here:
Posted: February 23, 2018
Pride Center of Vermont
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Pride Center of Vermont’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director will be a strong and collaborative leader with a proven track record in fundraising, financial management, programming and operational supervision. The Executive Director will be the face of the organization, responsible for giving the proper strategic direction, implementing a high- quality vision, and ensuring the long-term sustainability of Pride Center of Vermont.
Leadership & Management:
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Pride Center of Vermont’s staff and management team
- Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate managers
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize Pride Center of Vermont’s staff, volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components and measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
Fundraising & Communications:
- Fully understand the complex funding streams (e.g., foundations, corporate, individual, government, etc.) and rapidly changing trends in the not-for-profit, health and human service, and LGBT sectors
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and future expansion
- Work in partnership with the Board of Directors to identify, solicit and acquire new sources of funding
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Act as the organization’s primary spokesperson with elected officials with government agency leaders and with the non-governmental funding communities
Strategy and Vision:
- Engage the Board, staff, and community stakeholders in a process to help define strategic goals for the organization’s short and longer-term strategic plans
- Oversee the plan’s implementation, ensuring necessary funds, staff, and infrastructure are available to realize the plan’s goals
- Communicate the strategy, its goals, its ongoing progress, and outcomes to the organization’s Board, staff, funders, partners and community stakeholders
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Serve as a Center spokesperson for an intersectional LGBT community and the necessity of an aggressive diversity and inclusion strategy
- Bring a robust understanding of diversity including minimally: race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, disability status, medical status; but also considering factors that include: marital status, parental status, veteran status, etc.
- Oversee Center staff, volunteer and board recruitment, hiring, and retention ensuring appropriate demographic representation
- Ensure Center collaborations and partnerships reflect the above
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Pride Center of Vermont’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Visionary thinker with the ability to establish and enforce the vision of the organization
- Influential manager with ability to lead and motivate with passion, idealism, integrity, and positive attitude
- A strategic approach to leadership with an ability to move easily between the environments of donors and foundations and those of grassroots community supporters and partners;
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, social sciences, or related fields - Master’s Degree preferred
- Prior experience as an Executive Director or similar leadership role, with ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional leadership experience in not-for-profit management or similar work experience
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning - mission-driven and self-directed
- A record of success as a dynamic fundraiser, with the ability to secure financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations and government sources, particularly in a climate of increasing constraints and fewer resources; the ability to harness financial resources by building effective relationships with potential donors
- Solid financial skills and GAAP understanding
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Experience working with a diverse community and building strong cultures within organizations
- Extensive knowledge of LGBTQ programs and issues impacting the community - a passionate and articulate advocate on behalf of the LGBTQ community, with the capacity to serve as a leader and visible spokesperson for LGBTQ issues on a local, state and national level
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- An analytical mind capable for “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- A politically savvy collaborator and consensus builder with good judgment, excellent listening skills, the ability to reconcile divergent points of view, resolve conflicts, and develop and maintain, on all fronts, a sense of team spirit and common purpose
Pride Center of Vermont offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to lead a growing and highly-respected organization. For nearly twenty years, Pride Center of Vermont has provided essential services and a safe meeting place for Vermont’s LGBTQ community. The successful candidate will play a significant role in enhancing Pride Center of Vermont’s work and increasing its impact. As part of a dynamic team, serving an organization with the highest standards of excellence, the Executive Director will enrich and improve the lives of LGBTQ Vermonters across the state.
ABOUT PRIDE CENTER OF VERMONT
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) is New England’s most comprehensive community center dedicated to advancing community and the health and safety of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Vermonters. PCVT serves as the hub for the diverse LGBTQ community of Vermont and surrounding areas. Our work is designed to help people to live rich, healthy lives and to discover the strength found in community, through a wide variety of programs, services and activities.
Please send a résumé and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by
March 15, 2018, with Executive Director Search in the subject line.
Pride Center of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons, including those with diverse backgrounds in regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, Veteran Status, or age.