SafeSpace has created a new position! Job Announcement below.
Position: SafeSpace Sexual Violence Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: full time
Benefits: Health and Dental coverage
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) celebrates, educates, and advocates with and for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) Vermonters.
SafeSpace is mission-driven to provide direct services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) survivors of violence. Through free and confidential services, SafeSpace offers short-term counseling; safety planning; police, court, and social services advocacy; and accompaniment for survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual violence, hate/bias incidents, and other forms of discrimination and/or harassment.
This position is responsible for providing the majority of direct services and systems based advocacy for our OVW Underserved Populations grant. This grant is a collaboration with Migrant Justice, H.O.P.E Works, Voices Against Violence, and WomenSafe to reach the underserved LGBTQ migrant farm worker populations of Chittenden, Addison and Franklin county who might be experiencing DV/SV or IPV. The Sexual Violence Program Coordinator will play a key leadership role and will ensure communication among grant partners and OVW staff and national TA providers is maintained.
SafeSpace Direct Services
- Crisis intervention services and intake interviews, including “walk-in” clients
- Provide individual counseling
- Advocacy, information, referrals, safety planning and accompaniment
- Establish and maintain collaborations with community partners
- Provide individual and systems based advocacy including but not limited to work with social service programs, law enforcement, court, employers, and medical systems
- Coordinate the Legal Clinic including but not limited to communication with attorneys, publicizing and promoting Legal Clinic, and managing intakes
- Document and report on all program and client related activity
- Contribute to state and national reports and monthly reports for the Executive Director
- Attend in-service and external trainings
- Participate in SafeSpace program development meetings and weekly supervision with Executive Director
- Manage related program contracts
- Complete and submit paperwork in a timely fashion
Pride Center of Vermont
- Attend and participate in PCVT staff meetings
- Provide guidance to PCVT support groups facilitators including recruitment and training
- With other staff, manage volunteer recruitment, placement and development
- With other staff, manage PCVT and related calendar/blog/social media postings
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of three years of related work experience required. Master’s degree and certification in Social Work preferred. Training or experience working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault required. Supervisory experience and clinical experience with crisis intervention, violence and victimization with LGTBQ clients preferred. Ability to facilitate working alliances between diverse groups within and beyond the LGTBQ communities. Knowledge of available social service resources in Vermont. Must be available to work flexible schedule as needed. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required for travel statewide. Must be fluent in Spanish.
Mail or email resume and cover letter to:
SafeSpace Sexual Violence Program Coordinator
Pride Center of Vermont
255 South Champlain Street, Suite 12
Burlington, Vermont 05401
Pride Center of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, Veteran Status, or age.